Provide holistic health care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and optimise health outcomes.
- Full-time appointment
- Work as part of a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Attractive remuneration and benefits on offer
You will be working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service providing holistic health care to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of the ACT and surrounding areas. The Service manages various programs and employs more than 70 staff.
General Practitioners are situated within the Clinical Services Team. The aim of the team is to optimise the health outcomes for clients through providing best practice, evidence-based clinical services. The clinic is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm.
- As a General Practitioner, you will be an integral member of an experienced multidisciplinary healthcare team
- You will provide culturally safe, best practice, evidence-based clinical services to assess and manage clients
- You will be responsible for undertaking a multidisciplinary and integrated approach to manage illness and promote well-being
- Where appropriate General Practitioner's will identify where a client requires referral to another team of the service or an external service provider
- This is a full-time appointment, flexible working hours may be considered
- Attractive remuneration
- Support of continuing professional education
- Salary sacrificing options
- Live in a leafy, medium density suburb of Canberra, located in the inner south of the city
- There are prime educational options a plenty, and you will be minutes to the Airport and entertainment precincts
- Vocationally registered General Practitioner with current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency registration
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of comprehensive primary health care and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services as well as an understanding of the issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people, including social determinants of health
- Demonstrated commitment to improving Aboriginal health through primary health care and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.