Join the high-quality surgical service in the largest major hospital in Central Queensland.
- Package up to $174,160.56 p.a.
- Challenging work, with a supportive team environment
- Country living with all the big city advantages
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will be based at the 305-bed main referral hospital. Specialist Medical Services offered at the hospital include Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Intensive Care and Anaesthetics.
The hospital has four operating theatres and two procedure rooms. The operating theatre complex is supported by a 6 bed ICU/HDU. The Department is accredited for specialist training in general surgery and is heavily involved in teaching and research.
- As a Fellow in General Surgery, you will participate in the provision, development and maintenance of a high quality, effective and efficient surgical service to hospital patients
- You will undertake approved general surgical outpatient and inpatient services
- Participate in the after-hours Consultant on-call rosters
- Provide leadership and mentoring for surgical Registrars and RMOs in training
- Competitive remuneration package $148,836.9 - to $174,160.56 p.a.
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist in General Surgery with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in the speciality of General Surgery or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.