An exciting opportunity provide medical leadership in one of the most beautiful regions of Queensland.
- Develop strategic vision and service transformation across this health service
- Lead workforce planning, workforce redesign, and education and training for medical staff
- Live in a region well known for its relaxed lifestyle, natural beauty and local attractions
This Health Service serves a population of approximately 219,000 residents and provides a range of specialty services including acute care, surgical, medical, maternity, mental health rehabilitation and aged care services. Two larger hospitals provide care in some major adult specialties and provide support to the surrounding smaller rural hospitals in the health service.
The Health Service has a number of Multipurpose Health Services that provide access to integrated health and aged care services to smaller communities. The Health Service provides a variety of primary and community health services including oral health, child health, school health, health promotion, environmental health, aged care and rehabilitation, aged care facilities, sexual health services and drug and alcohol services. It also provides a comprehensive and fully integrated mental health service to residents in both the community and acute care settings.
- As Executive Director of Medical Service you will provide medical leadership and vision across this health service
- You will provide day to day medical management at the hospital at which you chose to base yourself
- You will be accountable for professional medical governance
- Lead workforce planning, workforce redesign, and education and training for medical staff in collaboration with General Managers.
- Develop a culture of performance and a focus on service excellence for medical staff
- In collaboration with the clinical streams, lead the design and delivery of strategies to respond to patient, carer and consumer input and needs, in the context of developing an integrated care system
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of a shared research culture
- The role reports to the Reports to the Health Service Chief Executive and your direct reports include the Deputy Directors of Medical Services and Manager of Medical Administration
- Salary level:$179,703 -$227,843 p.a
- Medical managers allowance
- Professional development allowance and professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Professional indemnity cover and private practice arrangements.
- Overtime and on-call allowances will be negotiated with the successful applicant upon appointment
- Superannuation (up to 12.75%)
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Qualifications and experience appropriate for registration as a Specialist in Medical Administration by AHPRA.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) is preferred.
- This position may be required to work outside core business hours and participate in on call duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.