Rewarding senior Emergency Medicine position in the largest rural facility in the state.
- Exceptional package from $300-$550k
- Challenging and rewarding opportunity within a busy service
- Flexible working arrangements
This health service is the major regional health provider for the Lower, Mid and Upper South East regions of South Australia.
You will be working at the largest hospital in rural South Australia, a 98-bed teaching hospital, which provides a range of services, including a 24-hour accident and emergency, acute inpatient, elective surgery, emergency surgery, birthing, paediatric and mental health services, and associated clinical support. There are 37 medical beds, 27 surgical beds, a 6-bed High Dependency unit, a 20-bed maternity-paediatric ward and a 6-bed mental health unit. Facilities are provided for chemotherapy, dialysis and day surgery. The hospital has 4 operating theatres, 12 day surgery chairs and 3 delivery suites.
- Emergency Medicine Consultant will oversee all of safe, efficient, patient-centred medical care within the Emergency Department
- You will provide clinical leadership within the wider hospital community
- You will participate in policy formulation and implementation as well as be involved in human resource management
- You will work with medical and nursing colleagues to apply contemporary Emergency Department care processes, such as fast-tracking of patients, nurse-initiated strategies and nurse practitioner-led clinics
- You will actively engage in the supervision of junior clinical staff and attend relevant meetings and staff development/education as required
- High salary package commensurate with experience, with allowances taking this to over $500k
- Practice emergency medicine using the full spectrum of your skills in this regional emergency department
- Links to retrieval service
- Live in a thriving regional city set amongst lakes with historic attractions, wineries and racecourses to explore
- Excellent transport links to Adelaide and Melbourne
- Specialist Emergency Medicine qualifications such as Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or an equivalent
- Experience in clinical practice in emergency medicine and highly competent in the delivery of emergency care, particularly in a rural setting
- The Emergency Medicine Consultant is expected to have clinical knowledge, skills, training, and competence in resuscitation, airway maintenance, and circulatory support along with the operational management of retrieval of critically ill patients
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.