Enjoy a great work/life balance with fantastic beaches, fishing, whale watching, shopping, history and the local botanical gardens
- Join a dynamic health care team
- Rewarding and varied work
- Ideal place to work, live and raise a family
This health service has 69 registered inpatient beds with a 24 hour, seven day a week Emergency Department. The ED is busy and has varied presentations and managed close to 10,000 presentations in the 2020 financial year. There are two operating theatres (averaging 8 elective lists per week), with an 8-bed Day Procedure Unit. The health service also provides oncology/haematology, dialysis and multiple other specialist services.
Inpatient services include general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, dialysis, chemotherapy, palliative care and transition care services. Elective surgery services include orthopaedics, general, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, plastics, urology, gynaecology, MaxFax, ENT, etc. There are on-site radiology, pathology and pharmacy services.
In addition, there is a 30 bed aged care facility and a GP super-clinic attached to the hospital, with a comprehensive range of primary health, community and home care services.
- The emergency medicine senior medical officer will provide leadership and work as part of the multidisciplinary team to provide oversight and management of medical services
- You will provide a high standard of care to inpatients and those in Emergency Department
- You will have competence and capability in rural hospital based practice of emergency medicine
- You will participate in education and training of medical staff and medical students
- You will participate in improving standards and patient safety within the hospital and community
- You will work shifts in accordance with the unit roster, and this may include participation in an on-call roster
- Your level of appointment will be dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with successful applicant
- Indicative package may include a base salary of around $5175 per week, annual leave loading (17.5%), overtime and on-call allowances and employer contribution to superannuation (9.5%)
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Professional development leave and allowances
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options.
- Located just under four-hours west of Melbourne on the far south-west coast of Victoria, home to natural beauty, fascinating cultural heritage, great walks and great pies
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligibility for competent authority pathway
- Hold FRACGP, FACRRM or equivalent or training towards
- Advanced Skills in Emergency Medicine/Obstetrics/Anaesthetics desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.