Exceptional Emergency Medicine Registrar opportunities in one of Australia's most highly regarded Emergency Departments
- Contracts for both immediate start and 2022 clinical year available
- Develop your skills experiencing the full spectrum of Emergency Care
- Significant training and research opportunities
Elective Recruitment are proud to be working as exclusive recruitment partners for the St Vincent's Health Network Sydney (SVHN). St. Vincent's Hospital is a major public teaching hospital and a principal tertiary referral hospital. St Vincent's has a long-standing reputation for treating the highest acuity and complex patient loads, attracting referrals on a state-wide and national basis.
This is an exciting time to join St. Vincent's as they are progressing their capital redevelopment of the Emergency Department. The St Vincent's Hospital Emergency Department is a busy department treating approximately50,000 patients each year. About 46% are admitted to the Hospital from the Emergency Department each day, a figure that represents some 50% of all hospital admissions. In addition to the Acute Care and Consultation Room areas, there is a 10-bed Emergency Medical Unit (EMU) and a 6-bed secure Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre (PECC). The Hospital is undergoing renovations to include a Psychiatric, Alcohol and Non-prescription Drug unit (PANDA). Emergency Physicians provide on-the-floor cover for 16 hours per day / on-call for 8 hours per day, 7 days a week. All services with the exception of Paediatrics and Obstetrics are provided at St. Vincent's Hospital. In the event that paediatric / obstetric patients self-present to St. Vincent's Emergency, they are stabilised and transferred by ambulance, if required, to the nearest Hospital able to provide those services.
St Vincent's is a teaching hospital of the University of New South Wales and the University of Notre Dame and has academic associations with the Australian Catholic University, Sydney University and the University of Technology, Sydney.
- Up to 4 SRMO/Provisional Trainee, and 1 Advanced Trainee positions are available
- Contracts are available for immediate start and into 2022 clinical year
- ACEM has accredited the Department for the maximum 2 years of training. Accredited rotations include:Intensive Care (6 months), Anaesthetics (3 months), and Paediatric Emergency (3 months). Formal links are in place with other facilities for non-tertiary ED rotations.
- Registrars will benefit from an education program that is tailored to trainees at all stages of their training, alongside 4-hour paid protected teaching sessions each week, in which Emergency Physicians are key educators in each subject.
- St Vincent's has an active research program and support is given to any trainees embarking on this College requirement.
- Emergency Provisional Trainees undertake terms at SVH: Emergency, Anaesthetics, ICU and Drug and Alcohol.
- There are also special skills/interest terms in Simulation, Toxicology (Complex Comorbidities Unit with 6 inpatient beds) and Ultrasound.
- Other terms offered include: Paediatric Emergency (Sydney Children's), Anaesthetics and Emergency (Canterbury), Emergency (Sutherland) and Medical Education.
- All terms are accredited by the ACEM for advanced training in Emergency Medicine.
- A comprehensive teaching program is provided for Fellowship and Primary Examinations.
- Salary in line with NSW Award Registrar Y1 - Y4 depending on seniority
- Generous salary packaging
- A Primary Examination program
- A Fellowship Examination preparation program
- Mentoring program with senior colleagues
- Career advice and commitment to professional development
- Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Sydney is a world-class city, with a warm, sunny climate and all the city amenities; easily accessible via road, rail or air.
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- General Registration preferred
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.