Excellent professional development and training opportunities for Emergency Medicine Registrars in coastal WA.
- Work in a well supported department
- Benefit from a highly-regarded Registrar teaching program
- Salary from $131,853 - $176,734
You will be working in a state-of-the art 229-bed hospital that provides high quality clinical services across medical, surgical and paediatric wards.
The Emergency Department treats 54,000+ patients per year with a varied and interesting case-mix, which includes 30% paediatric presentations and is supported by paediatric, surgical, medical, anaesthetic, obstetrics and gynaecology and ICU services and has close links to nearby tertiary hospitals.
- Registrar positions are available for 6 or 12 months with the possibility of extension. Opportunities include:
Emergency Medicine / Anaesthetic rotations: These positions consist of full time, ACEM accredited appointments in both Emergency Medicine and Anaesthetics at 6 months in each
Emergency Medicine / Medical Education: An education role which would suit a speciality trainee in the latter part of training with a keen interest in education and teaching
- The ED is accredited for 12 months of advanced training, and has a highly-regarded Registrar teaching program with 4hrs/week protected teaching time and a first part exam and fellowship exam preparation program with a track record of success
- Emergency Medicine Registrars participate in weekly simulation training and in multidisciplinary simulation training days with our ED nurses
- Emergency Consultants are on duty from 0800 hours to 2400 hours (and on-call overnight) to provide supervision and bedside teaching
- The clinical work is varied, challenging and rewarding
- Salary from $131,853 - $176,734 p.a
- Protected training time and one to one support from FACEMs
- ACEM accredited department
- Work in one of Perth's most attractive coastal locations
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Agency (AHPRA)
- Registered with ACEM (Australasian College for Emergency Medicine)
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience in Emergency Medicine
- Demonstrable high level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.