Join a new and innovative team to provide excellent care to this regional city.
- Full time or fractional appointments available
- Regional trauma centre with full spectrum of emergency presentations
- Excellent package with relocation
You will be working for the first cross border public health service to exist in Australia. Regionally situated between Sydney and Melbourne, it directly serves a local community of 100,000 and supports a catchment population of 250,000 covering North East Victoria and Southern New South Wales.
This vibrant regional city is located between Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. There are plenty of things to see and do with beautiful parklands hugging the riverbanks that provide a picturesque setting for family picnics, swimming, canoeing and cycling. There are a wealth of high quality educational institutions with 1,700 child care places, 32 pre-schools, 50 primary schools, 24 secondary schools, two universities and two TAFEs. The city offers fantastic housing options for families of all size with great shopping and many fine restaurants and golfing to partake in. With an airport based in the city, you will have easy and quick access to daily flights to any of the nation's capital cities.
- The Emergency Department has approximately 60,000 presentations per year with an admission rate of 20% and paediatric presentations of 25%.
- You will be working for a Regional Trauma Referral Centre dealing with the full spectrum of Emergency Care with trauma and resuscitation.
- There is a strong and innovative clinical practice with ongoing development of point of care clinical ultrasound, procedural sedation, non-invasive and invasive ventilation, toxicological and toxinological practices.
- You will be joining a dynamic new team of FACEMs committed to excellent emergency medicine practice.
- The Emergency Department enjoys close working relationships with other specialities within the organisation - ICU, Medicine, Surgery, Urology, Orthopaedics, Obs & Gyn and Paediatrics. There is excellent Mental Health support onsite. The new $65 million Regional Cancer Centre is also located onsite for ongoing Oncology support.
- The department is also supported with 24 hour imaging and pathology services.
- On offer is an attractive remuneration package which includes excellent support for relocation, accommodation and professional development.
- The department encourages a good work life balance and flexible rostering practices.
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent
- Leadership skills which prioritise quality, safety and risk and support continuous improvement
- Significant clinical experience in the provision of emergency medical care
- Sound understanding of contemporary Emergency Department models of care
- An ability to lead service improvement through forms of quality improvement activities
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.