Work in a busy regional emergency department with an interesting case mix.
- ACEM accredited department
- Laid back city lifestyle
- Regional trauma centre
You will be working in a busy regional centre with 165-beds serving a population of approximately 80,000 people.
The Emergency Department is supported by surgical, medical, paediatric, obstetrics & gynaecology, psychiatric, anaesthetic and ICU services. This is a regional trauma centre and is well supported by Adult Retrieval Victoria.
The Emergency Department is currently staffed by 4 full-time FACEMs and have regular FACEM locums who provide additional clinical oversight.
- Work in an Emergency Department that receives an interesting and diverse case mix
- Emergency presentations are approximately ~ 35,000 patients per annum (20% paediatric) with an admission rate of 16-20%.
- FACEM coverage is from 0830-2300 7 days per week
- The department has 12 treatment bays, 3 fast track cubicles, 2 resuscitation bays and an 8 bed short stay unit
- It is accredited for 6 months Advanced Training with an excellent team of supporting registrars
- Excellent salary package + benefits
- Relocation package
- Flexible rostering to allow you to create an enviable work life balance
- Opportunity to expand your clinical practice in a rural setting.
- Dedicated and supportive team and excellent working environment.
- Exposure to a relaxed country lifestyle - a perfect tree change destination
- Ready access to Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide via direct flights from our regional airport
- Opportunities to start ASAP
- Current Specialist with AHPRA or eligibility for registration via the Specialist Pathway
- International applicants from the UK, USA or Canada holding FRCEM and CCT, ABEM or FRCPC will be considered
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- New Fellows or those close to completing Fellowship are urged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.