Join a supportive emergency department with a diverse and collaborative team from all over the world.
- Exceptional package with ED allowances to $500k
- Forward thinking ED with enthusiastic and collegiate team
- High acuity, interesting trauma, mix of rural/regional & inner-city presentations
The hospital is a 300-bed public hospital that treats over 24,000 inpatients and over 225,000 outpatients every year.
The modern Emergency Department sees over 45,000 presentations annually which grows year on year. The Emergency Department has an optimal layout for effective patient management.
- You will be joining an exceptional Emergency Medicine team supporting a regional community in the heart of Tasmania.
- You will see a fascinating mix of medicine including trauma, rural accidents and inner city drug problems from this diverse demographic.
- As a key member of the Emergency Medicine team you will work 40 hours per week across 3 x 10 hour clinical shifts, and 1x 10 hour administrative shift.
- Your shifts are either mornings or evenings with nights covered 24/7 by senior registrars and career medical officers.
- Be involved in research, quality improvement activities and undergraduate, post graduate and other teaching.
- Provide specialist advice to inpatient units as required.
- You will be working with a collegiate bunch of Emergency Medicine doctors who have trained all over the world. You will find this is a friendly, supportive and cohesive team and you will be welcomed into the fold.
- Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan.
- Negotiable salary including superannuation and access to salary packaging
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
- Flexible work/life balance
- This city is a vibrant, diverse and dynamic place to live. You can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle outside of work and explore the rugged countryside of Tasmania that is on your doorstep.
- It is a great place to raise a family with excellent education options, affordable real estate and plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained.
- You will find it has an interesting arts scene as well as many fine dining experiences to suit even the biggest foodies.
- Tasmania is a real treasure and this opportunity combines both professional and personal satisfaction!
- Eligibility for Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Emergency Medicine
- New FACEMs encouraged to apply
- Internationally trained Emergency Medicine Consultants with FRCEM, ABEM, FRCPC welcome to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.