Are you a Emergency Medicine Consultant interested in mixed urban and rural ED practice within easy reach of the city?
- Serves a diverse regional / rural area with a a wide range of acuity
- Expand your skills and gain a greater breadth of experience
- Enjoy the positive workplace culture
You will be working for a leading health care provider, operating private and public hospitals throughout Australia. This 131-bed teaching hospital provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding districts. The hospital provides 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services.
The Emergency Department sees 28,000 patients per year including a significant number of children (20%). It also sees walk-in trauma and a wide range of acuity as it serves a diverse regional / rural area. It has a full-time FACEM Director, and is staffed with Staff Specialists, VMOs, CMOs and JMOs. The department is welcoming, and there is a strong commitment to a supportive, positive workplace culture at all levels of the organisation.
- As Emergency Medicine Consultant you will provide specialist medical treatment and supervision of other medical staff in the Emergency Department
- You will be required to participate in quality improvement activities including morbidity and mortality reviews, and organise and supervise training of other medical staff and students
- You will also provide overall direction to the operations on the Department to ensure clinical safety
- Maintain current professional development and certification as per the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
- Participate in after hours on call roster
- Competitive remuneration and workplace benefits
- Indicative salary $318,878.14 p.a
- Professional training and development
- Flexible work options
- Salary packaging
- This region to the northwest of Sydney has plenty to offer: from historic little villages to mountains, wilderness and rivers for outdoor pursuits
- Commutable from Western Sydney and North Sydney
- Current Specialist registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligible for Specialist registration with AHPRA
- Specialist Emergency Medicine qualifications such as Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent
- New FACEMs encouraged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.