Exciting opportunity to help develop this Emergency Department for a bright future.
- Base Salary from $240,419 - $296,682 + allowances
- FACEM essential
- Affordable regional city with excellent schools
You will be working in a 114 bed facility with 100 hospital care beds and 10 maternity beds. Each year there are approximately 19,500 emergency presentations, 2,500 operations and 600 births. Building has commenced for the $250 million hospital redevelopment.
This level 4 regional referral facility hospital provides a 24 hour Emergency Department (ED) with 15 ED spaces. The ED is supported by an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and also equipped with telehealth cameras to connect the team with specialists across the NSW Critical Care Advisory Service.
There are a range of specialist services (both resident & visiting) including Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatric Medicine, Oncology, Haematology, Obstetrics, Intensive Care, Respiratory Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, Rehabilitation Medicine Renal Dialysis and Rheumatology. There are a range of diagnostic services including Pathology, CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI, General X-Ray and Mammography. Other Allied Health Services include Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Pharmacy, Social Worker and Aboriginal Health.
- As Emergency Medicine Specialist, you will join the Emergency Department, reporting to the Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine and provide clinical management and treatment of all ED patients
- Supporting the Director you will contribute to the development of a training program for ED registrars and to the hospital becoming an accredited training centre for Emergency Medicine
- Opportunity for Director of Emergency Medicine Training (DEMT) title if desired.
- The Emergency Department is well supported by a team of ED CMOs and GP Advanced Skills Trainees
- Base Salary from $240,419 - $296,682
- 25% Emergency Physician Allowance
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing, meal and entertainment
- Supportive, collegiate and diverse work environment
- Ongoing professional development
- Located in a major regional city in New South Wales, here you have the best of both worlds – great career opportunities, welcoming communities and a wonderful lifestyle
- With a population of approximately 26,000, the city comprises a rich blend of cultures and traditions. It has a flourishing foodie scene, an array of recreational options and exciting local events all year round.
- There are three high schools, 13 primary schools and various day care and pre-school facilities. The city also has one of the largest campuses of Riverina TAFE.
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
- New Fellows are welcome to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.