Join a growing team providing exceptional care in this rural Emergency Department.
- Serve a mixed uban and rural community
- Remuneration package commensurate with experience
- Less than 1 hour to Sydney CBD
You will be working for a leading health care provider, operating private and public hospitals throughout Australia. This 131-bed teaching hospital provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding districts. The hospital provides 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services.
The Emergency Department sees 28,000 patients per year including a significant number of children (20%). It also sees walk-in trauma and a wide range of acuity as it serves a diverse regional / rural area. It has a full-time FACEM Director, and is staffed with Staff Specialists, VMOs, CMOs and JMOs. The department is welcoming, and there is a strong commitment to a supportive, positive workplace culture at all levels of the organisation.
- As Emergency Medicine Career Medical Officer, you will provide clinical care to patients in Wards and HDU in a semi-autonomous manner under the direction of the Admitting Specialist
- You will undertake supervision of Junior Medical Officers and Medical Students
- You will have demonstrated clinical and procedural competency in: assessment and management of patients; venepuncture, venous and arterial cannulations; urinary catheterisation including suprapubic catheters; lumbar puncture; independent interpretation of diagnostic pathology, radiology and cardiology tests; cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Basic and Advanced life support including airway management of adults and paediatric patients; advanced wound management and suturing skills, slit lamp examination, removal of foreign bodies, local and regional anaesthesia, and advanced management of dislocations and fractures
- Career Medical Officer's will participate in after hours and weekend rosters including night duty
- Senior Career Medical Officer's with appropriate skills and experience may be required to act as Medical Team Leaders for the Wards (after hours).
- Full or part time appointments considered
- Base salary from $127,000 to $220,000 depending on experience
- Competitive remuneration and workplace benefits
- Professional training and development
- Flexible work options
- Salary packaging
- This region to the northwest of Sydney has plenty to offer: from historic little villages to mountains, wilderness and rivers for outdoor pursuits
- Commutable from Western Sydney and North Sydney
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current Limited or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- A minimum of five (5) years postgraduate experience in relevant clinical settings
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.