Great opportunity in FACEM led team in stunning coastal VIC.
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice
- Educational support for ACEM Certificate and Diploma candidates
- Rapidly expanding regional health service
You will be working for the major public healthcare provider in a regional area of South East Victoria. The service has provided quality service and care for residents for over 100 years. It is an integrated Health Service providing Emergency services as well as Acute Medical and Surgical, Sub-acute and Residential inpatient beds along with an extensive array of Community and Primary care services.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a community where sun, sand, surf and a positive lifestyle await. This is a growing service that has received $115 million from the government to build a vibrant and significantly expanded Health Service.
- The emergency department has annual presentations of around 17,000, with 20% being paediatric and an overall admission rate of approximately 25%.
- The Emergency department transfers about 10 critical care patients a month for a variety of diagnoses including acute neurosurgical, cardiological, toxicological or trauma related conditions.
- The Urgent Care Centre sees approximately 10,000 patients annually, predominantly with lower acuity conditions.
- Admission to the hospital is solely for low acuity medical patients.
- The role of the ED Career Medical Officer (CMO) is to provide clinical leadership and management of patients and undertake clinical duties for the Emergency Department (ED) and Urgent Care Centre (UCC) under the supervision and direction of the Clinical Director of Emergency Services or Consultant/Clinical Lead.
- ED Career Medical Officers will also provide support and supervision of any more junior medical staff with whom they may be working.
- You will be expected to be available to work from both sites on a 24 hour roster.
- Rapidly expanding Health Services with growth and training opportunities
- A FACEM led supportive teaching environment
- Active education program, including EMET Hub with support of ACEM Certificate and Diploma candidates
- An attractive salary package including salary sacrifice
- Employee Assistance Program
- Stunning coastal location situated an easy 90minute drive from Melbourne.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Current ALS certificate
- Demonstrated clinical skills, knowledge and experience being at least 2 years emergency medicine registrar experience or equivalent
- Desirable: Evidence of enrolment or intention to enrol in a Diploma of Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Desirable: Paediatric experience including resuscitation
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.