Highly sought-after senior leadership role, and opportunity to use your skill set as a doctor to its full potential.
- Package up to $467,596 p.a.
- Critical leadership role responsible for Medical Services and Clinical Governance
- Friendly and welcoming community
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will work across one hospital and three multipurpose health services within 100kms. The hospital is a 36-bed facility, has two operating theatres and approximately 160 staff delivering services across acute, community and primary care.
The multipurpose health facilities range from 10 - 28 beds, providing acute inpatient, accident and emergency, residential aged care, pharmacy, outpatient and urgent radiology services to the communities. Community health clinics include antenatal, dietetics, child health, diabetic, immunisation and women's health.
Visiting specialist and allied health services include paediatrics, ear nose and throat, cardiology, respiratory (adult and children), physician, ophthalmology, optometry, physiotherapy, nutrition and dietetics, podiatry and dental as well as adult and youth psychiatric services.
- As Director of Medical Services, you will be responsible for the Medical Services and Clinical Governance to meet organisational and community needs
- Working closely with the Executive Director and leadership team, you will be an authority on medical services for rural sites; as well as provide expert advice in resolving complex, clinical, medico legal, ethical and operational challenges
- You be involved in the development of high performing teams in providing healthcare to consumers across a large and diverse geographical area
- The position has operational and professional responsibility for all medical staff across the region
- Competitive remuneration package $318,668 - to $467,596 p.a.
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Clinical/Medical Managers allowance
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance
- Inaccessibility allowance
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- This regional town offers a relaxed lifestyle, plenty of rewarding work, and beautiful nearby natural attractions
- Daily flights to Brisbane
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of either the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or fellowship of another appropriate Australian specialist college
- AFRACMA or FRACMA would be looked upon favourably
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.