Lead the professional and operational development of this growing health service.
- Package up to $474,798 p.a.
- Senior leadership role joining a great team
- Enjoy the lifestyles available with 300 days of sunshine on the southern gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will work across two hospitals and three multipurpose health services. The larger hospital has a total capacity of 100 beds and treatment spaces, offering a range of general and specialist inpatient and outpatient services. Additional services include mental health, alcohol and other drugs service, oral health, physiotherapy, dietetics, speech pathology and outreach/community-based facilities, as well as a Primary Health Care Centre.The second hospital is a 25-bed hospital that caters for inpatients and outpatients including emergency and outpatient services, obstetrics and midwifery, general medical and surgical services.
The multipurpose health facilities provide acute medical inpatient services, residential aged
care, outpatient services and emergency departments. These facilities are supported by General Practitioners with the right of private practice. The health service is growing and has at present approximately 498 full time equivalent staff delivering services across acute, community and primary care.
- As Director of Medical Services, you will operationally manage medical services across the region, ensuring medical staffing models and skill mix are contemporary and in line with facility role delineation and function
- You will actively promote and participate in clinical service developments including contemporary models of care, taking leadership for the peak clinical governance and quality activities
- Provide medical professional advice and oversight to the regional facilities
- Provide advice to the Executive Director which enables the HHS to manage strategic and tactical imperatives across the range of health services provided
- Competitive remuneration package $416,820 - to $474,798 p.a.
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation aannual leave loading, and alowances including: professional development, Clinical/Medical Managers and attraction and retention incentive
- Furnished accommodation
- This is an excellent area for families with wonderful sporting facilities and well-regarded private and state schools
- The region contains some incredible natural wonders, including Heron Island, Lady Musgrave Island, Masthead Island, North West Island and Wilson Island
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Possession or progression towards AFRACMA or FRACMA would be looked upon favourably
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.