Provide leadership and management to this robust ED within a forward thinking organisation
- Serves a diverse regional / rural area with a wide range of acuity
- Positive workplace culture
- Teaching hospital, northwest of Sydney
You will be working for a leading health care provider, operating private and public hospitals throughout Australia. This 120-bed teaching hospital provides public patient services under a public-private partnership with acute, community and allied health services for the local community and surrounding districts. The hospital provides 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic, maternity, neonatal, paediatric, palliative, intensive and coronary care services, and after hour GP services.
The Emergency Department sees 28,000 patients per year including a significant number of children (20%). It also sees walk-in trauma and a wide range of acuity as it serves a diverse regional / rural area. The department is staffed by ED Specialists, CMOs, RMOs, and PGY1 and 2 Doctors. The department is welcoming, and there is a strong commitment to a supportive, positive workplace culture at all levels of the organisation.
- As Director of Emergency Medicine, you will provide leadership and management to the Emergency Department along with participating in clinical shifts
- You will mentor all levels of the clinical team and ensure junior medical staff are appropriately supervised at all times
- You will facilitate multidisciplinary coordination of patient care and promote education and research
- You will participate in the after hours on call roster
- As Director of Emergency Medicine, you will manage the departmental budget and oversee and assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget
- You will maintain current professional development and certification as per the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
- This Director of Emergency Medicine position will be offered on a permanent full time basis but applications for a part time role will be considered
- Indicative salary package $350,0000 - $450,000 p.a
- Competitive remuneration and workplace benefits
- Professional training and development
- Flexible work options
- Salary packaging
- This region to the northwest of Sydney has plenty to offer: from historic little villages to mountains, wilderness and rivers for outdoor pursuits
- Commutable from Western Sydney and North Sydney
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience in management roles within an Emergency Department or Hospital is
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.