Sail the Whitsundays on your day off!
- Work in the major referral centre for Northern QLD
- Excellent salary package
- Supportive network of pathologists
You will be working for the statewide pathology service within a networked system of 33 laboratories. These laboratories consist of district laboratories in rural hospitals, group laboratories in large regional hospitals and unit base laboratories providing tertiary referral services in the metropolitan teaching hospitals.
You will be joining a service with approximately 1,500 consultant pathologists, scientists, technicians, operational and administrative staff.
You will be based in a tertiary referral hospital with over 580 beds that provides a number of services including cardiac, obstetric, gynaecological, paediatric, orthopaedic, oncology, neonatal and intensive care.
- Work in a well equipped new laboratory with state of the art equipment.
- You will work across all surgical pathology streams including neuro and cardiothoracic surgical specimens.
- You will be part of a team of 3 FTE experienced Anatomical Pathologists, with support from 2 rotating registrars.
- An experienced scientific team provides full support including cut up
- Anatomical Pathologists will provide timely, efficient, cost effective diagnostic services which meet the clinical needs of referrers.
- You will participate in discipline specific meetings, laboratory/department meetings and or multidisciplinary team meetings as determined in consultation with clients.
- Participate in clinical audits including the review and validation of test and quality assurance results.
- Audit teaching and research programs and projects as directed.
- You will also participate in quality activities in line with NATA Medical Testing Requirements conforming to ISO15189 or any other standard recognised.
- Support education and training programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Provide Anatomical Pathology registrars and others working in the Department/Unit with appropriate training and instruction in accordance with professional standards and all mandatory training activities.
- Excellent salary package inclusive of base salary, superannuation, Motor Vehicle Allowance, Professional Development and an Allowance and Attraction and Retention
- Salary packaging
- Generous leave allowances
- Stunning location close to the Whitsundays
- Regional lifestyle with tertiary medicine
- Supported by a statewide network of pathologists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA) or equivalent
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.