An excellent opportunity for a Director of Medical Services with a passion for leadership in rural and remote healthcare.
- Drive development in this newly created position
- Collegiate work environment
- Easy-going coastal city lifestyle
You will be working with the largest country health system in Australia, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia.
This health campus has 81 overnight, 31 same day and 16 inpatient mental health beds and provides emergency services, mental health and cancer services, a surgical centre and maternity services.
- As Director Medical Services you will oversee day to day operational management of medical services and provide medical leadership including coordination of Medical Clinical Governance and continuous improvement activities for the site
- The Director Medical Services will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with clinical services providers' ensuring high quality and safe clinical care is provided to the local community
- You will work in partnership and support the Regional Medical Director in implementing the Strategic Directives, ensuring the regional health network performance
- The position will oversees the Consultants, Visiting Specialists and Senior Medical Practitioners as well as the training and welfare of Interns, Resident Medical Officers and Registrars
- The Director of Medical Services will not have a case load and on-call is not included within this role
- This is a fixed-term full time appointment for 5 years, with the possibility of extension
- Indicative package up to $355,327 - $452,953 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- Located on the South Coast of Western Australia, you will be working in a coastal town of 30,000 people with all the amenities of a small city plus great restaurants, a state-of-the-art entertainment centre and stunning surrounds, with some of the best beaches in Australia close by
- Current medical practitioner, registered with the Medical Board of Australia
- Recognised clinical experience and/or postgraduate qualifications commensurate with clinical duties and medical administration role
- Fellowship of the Royal Australisina College of Medical Administrators (FRACMA) is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.