Provide clinical leadership in Australia's largest outback city.
- Package up to $451,677 + relocation
- Work for the largest health service in Australia
- Varied cultural and medical challenges
The 106-bed general hospital is the second largest regional public hospital in WA. It is a public hospital that houses an emergency department and provides a range of services including an oncology unit, obstetric services, maintenance renal dialysis unit, paediatric services, psychiatric unit, palliative care unit and areas for allied health services such as physiotherapy, occupational health, audiology, dietetics, podiatry and social work. It services more than 50,000 residents as well as outlying towns, and rural and remote communities.
The Mental Health Service consists of a 6-bed inpatient unit and community services for all ages. Consultation and Liaison services are provided to the general hospital and other small hospitals in the region.
- As Clinical Director - Mental Health, in partnership with the Regional Manager, you will have responsibility for clinical governance and provide leadership to the Psychiatrists working in the inpatient and community mental health teams
- This role is one of seven Clinical Director positions for WACHS mental health services across rural WA
- You will examine, assess, diagnose and treat patients referred to the region and support nurses, health workers and carers in the provision of mental health care
- You will contribute to the development of mental health services
- You will maintain close liaison with the primary health sector, Aboriginal Medical Services and other providers
- You will provide education for and supervise registrars and medical students
- You will promote the organisational culture and principles of person-centred, trauma informed and recovery focussed service delivery
- This is a Fixed Term Full Time appointment for 5 years with possibility of extension
- Remuneration up to $354,487 - $451,677 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Other professional and location based allowances
- This town is a hub for the Rural Clinical School of Western Australia, with excellent shopping, school and recreational opportunities, a gateway to explore the outback
- Regular air services from Perth
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.