Join a team of leading Dermatopathologists in a centre of excellence.
- World-class Pathology unit
- Work/life balance with 4 - 5 days a week on offer
- Broad and interesting case mix
This pathology provider is a centre of excellence for skin pathology. This purpose-built, Sydney-based laboratory offers laboratory testing for skin pathology referrals from around Australia. The unit is a major referral centre for biopsies from dermatologists but also handles work from general practitioners and specialised skin cancer surgeons.
- As Anatomical Pathologist/Dermatopathologist, this position offers an exciting opportunity to advance skills in the diagnosis of malignant and inflammatory skin conditions including bullous dermatoses
- You will join a team of nationally and internationally recognised pathologists and work collectively with a team of dedicated scientific professionals
- A unique advantage of the position is the ability to correlate histopathology with clinical and investigative data
- A very broad range of skin neoplasms is handled daily, including challenging melanocytic lesions and cutaneous lymphomas
- Comprehensive diagnostic skills in assessing scalp biopsies for alopecia and interpreting immunofluorescence patterns linked to skin disorders are a potential focus of advanced training
- Daily multi-headed and video-linked sessions are held to review and discuss cases with other experienced dermatopathologists prior to finalising reports
- Work 4 to 5 days per week at Sydney-based laboratory
- Competitive salary package is on offer
- Professional development leave and allowance
- Collegiate organisation that offers support for professional development
- Sydney is a world-class city, with a warm, sunny climate and a strong economy
- Here you have access to all the city amenities and a choice of world class suburbs to call home
- Current Specialist with AHPRA or eligibility for registration via the Specialist Pathway
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA) or equivalent
- Strong experience in Anatomical Pathology with emphasis on dermatopathology;
- A wish to specialise in dermatopathology
- International applicants with appropriate specialist qualifications may be considered
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.