Play an instrumental role in shaping and leading this hospital's Intensive Care Unit.
- Provide operational and clinical leadership
- Dynamic team environment
- Located on the coast within 2 hours drive of Perth
This 135-bed hospital is the biggest hospital and health care complex in regional Western Australia. The hospital incorporates 24-hour emergency care with a wide range of support services including an acute psychiatric unit, coronary care unit, cancer centre, domiciliary care unit, geriatric assessment unit, hospice care unit, maintenance renal dialysis unit, obstetric services, paediatric services and a dental unit. The hospital has undergone an upgrade to the ICU and an extended Emergency Department.
The Intensive Care Unit is an 8 bed (4 ICU and 4 HDU); level 2 ICU service.The unit is accredited by CICM for foundation and rural training. There are approximately 650 admissions in a year needing ICU and HDU care.
- As Consultant - Intensivist and Head of Department you will provide Intensive Care Unit services, including participation in Intensive Care Unit on call roster
- The role is structured 0.7 clinical duties and 0.3 Head of Department duties
- You will oversee the compliance with ongoing implementation of the BSAFE Program in the hospital, focusing on timely assessment and treatment of critically sick/deteriorated patients admitted
- Indicative package up to $355,327 - $452,953 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Cosmopolitan coastal city is located 2 hours drive from Perth
- A combination of beautiful natural surrounds and first class attractions, activities and facilities make this city a captivating place in which to live
- The city enjoys quality schooling, well priced housing and access to many of the best wineries, surf and scenic destinations in the state
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (FCICM)
- Demonstrated extensive experience in an Intensive Care Unit in a hospital setting with experience in quality improvement
- Possess leadership skills in a multidisciplinary team environment with a commitment to clinical teaching
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.