Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
- Work in a supportive team of 8 physicians
- Opportunities for teaching with UTAS
- Laid back, affordable lifestyle
You will be working for an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community, committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. The health service covers a population of approximately 116,000, across two major sites located approximately 50km apart.
The medical services across the region are based across two hospitals, a private hospital is co-located at one site that facilitates private practice for many of the region's specialists. The department of Medicine has a team of eight general medicine physicians across the region currently providing general medicine services. Six of the physicians have sub-specialties/interests in cardiology, geriatrics, nephrology and endocrinology.
The Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania is located on campus, and the health service participates in a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program with the Rural Clinical School.
- As Staff Specialist in Respiratory Medicine, you will be working in the department of Medicine with a team of eight general medicine physicians currently providing general medicine services
- You will provide inpatient and outpatient care to public and private patients in Respiratory Medicine and provide specialist oversight of the Respiratory function laboratory
- You will supervise and teach junior medical staff and medical students attached to the clinical unit and participate in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs of the hospital
- The Staff Specialist in Respiratory Medicine will play a key role in developing health care at both patient and system levels
- You will lead and participate in research and quality improvement activities
- This is a permanent full-time role working 76 hours per fortnight, there is no requirement to join the general medicine on-call roster, but this can be accommodate if preferred
- Base salary from $155,681 - $236,636 per annum, plus benefits
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Tasmania offers a brilliant lifestyle for families, with affordable housing, excellent access and choice of education located within strong and vibrant rural and urban centres
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in Respiratory Medicine or equivalent
- Current driver's license
- Experience with the management of pulmonary hypertension and a clinical interest in sleep and lung function studies is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.