Undertake this Psychiatry contract and work in one of Australia’s most stunning landscapes.
- Block Contract or Job Share until 30th June 2023
- Package up to $574,165.00 per annum
- Youth Psychiatry interest advantageous
The Kimberley region is the most northern health region of WACHS, and consists of six hospitals, an inpatient mental health unit, three Community Directorates and a Corporate Office.
The Kimberley Mental Health and Drug Service (KMHDS) provides specialist community mental health and alcohol and drug services to the Kimberley and acute inpatient psychiatric care for referred patients in the Kimberley and Pilbara regions.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for the provision of specialist psychiatric services and will be based in Kununurra
- A Youth Psychiatry interest is advantageous with many teens and young adults presenting with major mental illness
- Provide supervision of Psychiatric Registrars, Resident Medical Officers and Medical Students, as required
- Develop networks with medical and other staff within the Kununurra Campus and Halls Creek
- 1:4 weeks spent in Broome for the on-call roster with remote work to the East Kimberley during that week (or pro-rata if not full time)
- Strong focus on Aboriginal health and wellbeing, use of telehealth and travel to rural communities
- ???????Block Contract or Job Share appointment available - present funding is to 30 June 2023, and the position is subject to extension if ongoing funding is secured.
- Develop your scope of practice in this unique rural facility
- Remuneration package from $483,820 to $574,165 per annum
- Attractive salary and allowances in line with the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016
- This region has stunning sandy beaches including Broome and Cable Beach, escarpments, rainforests, waterfalls, cave systems with intricate rock paintings, gorges
- Despite its remoteness, the Kimberley offers a place of luxury accommodation, exceptional food and array of helicopter and cruise adventures
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- Regular daily flights to/from Perth
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP)
- Junior consultants welcome to apply
- Eligible for / or current drivers’ licence
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now.