An excellent opportunity for a Psychiatrist with a passion for rural and remote healthcare.
- Indicative package up to $354,424 - $0p.a.
- First-class comprehensive mental health service
- Easy-going coastal city lifestyle
You will be working with the largest country health system in Australia, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia.
This health campus provides emergency services, mental health and cancer services, a surgical centre and maternity services. The Mental Health Service provides acute mental health care for inpatient and community clients in the region. Community teams consist of triage, adult, older adult, youth, child and adolescent teams.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist you will be responsible for the provision of clinical assessment and psychiatric treatment in the Authorised Psychiatric Unit (APU) and Community Mental Health service
- You will provide supervision for community care including community treatment orders
- Consultant Psychiatrist's will participate in an on-call roster
- Opportunity to supervises trainee psychiatrists and medical officers and participates in the teaching of other health professionals
- This is a fixed-term full time appointment for 5 years, with the possibility of extension
- Indicative package up to $354,424 - $451,677 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working and leave arrangements for Consultant Psychiatrists
- Located on the South Coast of Western Australia, you will be working in a coastal town of 30,000 people with all the amenities of a small city plus great restaurants, a state-of-the-art entertainment centre and stunning surrounds, with some of the best beaches in Australia close by
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.