Join a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Fixed term full-time position for 12 months
- Dynamic team environment
- Attractive salary including salary packaging
This State-wide Mental Health Services is a leader and innovator for a unique corner of the healthcare industry. They provide a comprehensive suite of services across the areas of mental health, alcohol and drugs, forensic mental health and correctional primary health.
The subspecialty of Old Age Psychiatry is delivered through the Older Persons Mental Health Service (OPMHS). Care within the community is emphasised, with limited services also being provided in a subacute inpatient facility. Care is provided in partnership with clients, their family and carers, and other state and federal services.
- As Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist, and as part of a multi-disciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care, you will provide a comprehensive older persons' inpatient and community psychiatric service
- Act as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including general practitioners and other agencies, with regard to the assessment and management of individuals with mental health disorders and/or dementia
- Provide consultation to the Huntington's Disease Service
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate
- This is a fixed term full-time position (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible for 12 months
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages
- Attractive on-call work and call-back allowances
- Support for professional development
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with vibrant arts and culture, wilderness experiences, pristine beaches and culinary delights
- This city combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- Applicants with a sub-specialist qualification in Psychiatry of Old Age are desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.