Excellent opportunity for a Psychiatrist looking to work in a metropolitan location.
- Remuneration package up to $408,730 per annum
- Conjoint position may be considered with the Australian National University (ANU)
- 3 hours to Sydney and close proximity to ski fields or the coast
This metropolitan Health Service provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services to a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people.
The 600-bed tertiary hospital provides trauma services and most major medical and surgical subspecialty services. The Mental Health Service provides the following programs;
- Adult Acute Mental Health Services - 40-beds run by four teams, consisting of a Consultant, Registrar and Intern.
- Adult Community Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation and Specialty Mental Health Services
- Forensic Mental Health Services
- Alcohol and Drug Services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Justice Health Services
- You will have experience in General Psychiatry or a Subspecialty area of Psychiatry e.g. Forensic.
- You will have skills in inpatient and community services.
- You will be current in providing ECT services.
- You will teach and supervise psychiatry trainees and Medical students.
- You will be accountable and responsible to the Clinical Director of the relevant program stream.
- Part-time may be considered however not less than 0.6FTE.
- On-call roster approximately 1:30.
- Australia's capital city offers outstanding education, leisure and housing options.
- The Australian National University (ANU) is a world-leading centre for education and research and is ranked #1 in Australia and #22 in the world.
- Excellent salary packaging options.
- A range of internal development opportunities.
- Reimbursement of relocation costs up to $51,000 may be available.
- The nation's capital offers world-class dining and cultural experiences.
- Serene lakeshore views and outdoor activities.
- 3 universities plus outstanding primary and secondary schooling.
- 2 hour drive to the south coast of New South Wales.
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA.
- Fellowship of the RANZCP or equivalent specialist qualifications.
- Current driver's license.
- Psychiatrists trained in a comparable healthcare country may be considered.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.