Join the team at a state-of-the-art hospital in a location that offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city.
- Indicative salary package up to $446,537 p.a.
- State-of-the-art hospital in a sunny coastal location
- Only 1.20 hours flight from Brisbane
This health service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services. It provides extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 180,000 people.
The Mental Health and Alcohol & Other Drugs Service comprises an acute mental health inpatient facility with 24 beds and a Step-Up Step-Down Unit with 6 beds. Community Mental Health Services include an Acute Care Service, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Continuing Care Team, Mobile Intensive Rehabilitation Team, Early Psychosis, Child and Youth Mental Health, Older Persons Mental Health and Alcohol & Other Drug Service. The rural communities are serviced by outreaching community teams.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult, you will provide advanced-quality clinical care to individuals presenting to facilities within the health service with psychiatric, alcohol and other drugs, emotional and/or behavioural disturbances, including those being treated under the Mental Health Act.
- Consultant Psychiatrists will support ongoing education within the mental health service through the supervision and teaching of junior medical staff and medical students
- You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team in providing professional psychiatric interventions, direct clinical care and treatment to clients and their families with a mental illness, in a General Adult setting
- You will perform psychiatric and somatic assessments including comprehensive risk assessments of patients with psychiatric, emotional and behavioural disturbances
- Consultant Psychiatrists will participate in the after-hours on-call roster and work towards ECT accreditation and participate subsequently in the ECT treatment rosters
- Competitive remuneration package up to $456,537 p.a
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Live in a stunning coastal region in tropical Queensland with 270 sunny days a year, from 30 degrees in summer to 21 degrees in winter
- This city offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city
- Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship via the substantial comparability pathway of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Psychiatry or appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia to practise in the specialist position
- New Fellows are encouraged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.