Propel your career to new heights by making the move to this tertiary hospital in Tasmania.
- Full time role working in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world
- Remuneration up to $450,000 per annum
This State-wide Mental Health Services is a leader and innovator for a unique corner of the healthcare industry. They provide a comprehensive suite of services across the areas of mental health, alcohol and drugs, forensic mental health and correctional primary health.
Mental Health has 17 beds in the open unit, 9 beds in the closed and 7 beds in the high dependency unit.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will provide a comprehensive general adult Consultation-Liaison (CL) psychiatric service in the hospital and associated facilities, including the Emergency Department (ED) and the Mental Health Short Stay Unit (MHSSU)
- Act as an advisor and maintain close links with other specialists, General Practitioners and service providers to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with psychiatric registrars and other medical staff as required and appropriate
- This is a permanent full-time position (with on-call), working 76 hours per fortnight
- Remuneration up to $450,000 per annum.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.