Join this Health Service as a Community Forensic Psychiatrist and take the opportunity to see what makes Tasmania so special.
- FRANZCP or equivalent qualification
- Vibrant and exciting city and 1 hours flight to Melbourne
- Remuneration up to $450,000 per annum
Statewide Mental Health Services is a key clinical service stream of the Tasmanian Health Service. The service provides Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Health Services and Correctional Primary Health across Tasmania.
Tasmania's Forensic Mental Health Services provides community and inpatient mental health assessment, treatment and case management for offenders or people at risk of offending who have a mental health issue and/or intellectual disability.
Forensic Health Services - South has a community team in Hobart and inpatient care is provided to inmates at the maximum security Risdon Prison Complex and the 35 bed secure mental health facility at the Wilfred Lopes Centre.
- In collaboration with other Psychiatrists and mental health professionals, you will provide a wide range of psychiatric services to clients of the Community Forensic Mental Health Service.
- You will promote and maintain close links with General Practitioners, Community Corrections and Court staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Remuneration package up to $450,000 per annum.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in Adult General Psychiatry in a range of practice settings.
- Training and experience in Forensic psychiatry, desirable.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.