Enjoy a collegiate work environment and an easy-going coastal city lifestyle.
- First-class comprehensive mental health service
- Beautiful coastline and temperate climate
- Full-time appointment
You will be working with the largest country health system in Australia, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia.
This health campus provides emergency services, mental health and cancer services, a surgical centre and maternity services. The Mental Health Service provides acute mental health care for inpatient and community clients in the region. Community teams consist of triage, adult, older adult, youth, child and adolescent teams.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist you will be responsible for the provision of clinical assessment and psychiatric treatment for children and adolescents in the catchment population for both admitted patients and in community mental health
- You will provide clinical leadership and supervision of clinical care within the CAMHS across the region
- Provide clinical governance across for the Child and Adolescent MH Stream in consultation with the CAMHS Regional Team Leader
- Provide a secondary consultation service during clinic hours for General Practitioners in the catchment area
- Participate in an after-hours on call Regional Psychiatry roster
- Fixed-term full time appointment for 5 years, with the possibility of extension
- Indicative package up to $354,424 - $451,677 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- Located on the South Coast of Western Australia, you will be working in a coastal town of 30,000 people with all the amenities of a small city plus great restaurants, a state-of-the-art entertainment centre and stunning surrounds, with some of the best beaches in Australia close by
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia to practise as a specialist
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or approved equivalent
- Completed (or is about to complete) the Advanced Certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or approved equivalent
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.