Pursue your passion for working with Youth and thrive professionally as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Perth's largest tertiary hospital.
- Great earning potential of up to $452,806 p.a.
- Family-friendly hours, fit for your work-life balance
- A mecca for outdoor activities, cultural spaces and international events
A leader in clinical care, research and education, this 700+ tertiary bed hospital ranks among the best in Australia and offers comprehensive health care services to adults, youth and children.
The 30-bed mental health unit includes a 14-bed Youth Unit (16-24 years), an 8-bed Mother and Baby Unit, an 8-bed Assessment Unit for short term admission or extended care, a consultation liaison service throughout the general hospital and rehabilitation service, an Adolescents and Youth inpatient ward (age 16-24), Youth Community Assessment and Treatment Team and tele-psychiatry services for rural and remote areas.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will lead the provision of specialist consumer centred medical care to the Youth Unit (16 - 24 years) and Youth Community Assessment and Treatment Team.
- Consult, liaise with and support patients, carers, colleagues, nursing, allied health and support staff to provide coordinated multidisciplinary care.
- Involvement in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Initiate, implement and participate in audit, quality improvement and research activities.
- Undertake clinical shifts at the direction of the Head of Service including participation in the on-call roster.
Remuneration package comprises Year 1-9 $355,172 - $452,806 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 10% superannuation and applicable allowances).
Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance.
Flexible working arrangements.
Flexible leave arrangements.
Other professional and location based allowances.
Opportunity to work in Perth’s leading tertiary hospital, where training, education and research is promoted.
As Australia’s sunniest capital city, Perth effortlessly blends urban cool with natural beauty.
Perth is bustling with bars, alfresco restaurants, art galleries, shopping, cultural spaces and international events.
You don’t have to wander far from Perth to experience awe-inspiring scenery, food and wine trails, hiking trails, coastal retreats and world heritage sites.
Median property prices in Perth over the last year range from $895,000 for houses to $437,500 for units. Houses rent out for $520 per week and units rent for $450 per week.
Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent qualification.
Psychiatry Trainees who expect to qualify in the next 12 months, are encouraged to apply.
Current or eligible for a driver's licence.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now.