Work in an environment that promotes a great work/life balance enabling you to capture all that Hobart has to offer.
- Community and Inpatient CAMHS position
- International and domestic flights connections to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- Remuneration package up to $450,000 per annum
Statewide Mental Health Services is a key clinical service stream of the Tasmanian Health Service. The service provides Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Health Services and Correctional Primary Health across Tasmania.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) South provides community and inpatient services to children and young people up to 18 years, including a Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Service.
- Permanent full-time day position working 76 hours per fortnight.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will provide a CAMHS service to the Greater Hobart region and southern Tasmania.
- Assessment and treatment of community mental health clients at various sites including outreach clinics and client’s homes.
- Assessment and treatment of young people who present to the Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) and who are admitted to the ward.
- Act as an advisor and maintain close links with other specialists, General Practitioners and service providers to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Teaching and supervision of psychiatric registrars and junior medical staff, as required.
- Active participation in clinical reviews, quality improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Participation in the after-hours on call roster, as required.
- Clinical and professional accountability to the Medical Director.
- Remuneration package up to $450,000 per annum.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent qualification.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.