Exciting opportunity to work at a redeveloped short stay facility in Tasmania.
- Hobart offers a cosmopolitan yet laid back lifestyle
- Excellent local primary, secondary and tertiary schools on your doorstep
- Remuneration package up to $450,000 per annum
Statewide Mental Health Services is a key clinical service stream of the Tasmanian Health Service. The service provides Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Health Services and Correctional Primary Health across Tasmania.
The Peacock Centre provides a 12-bed short stay wing for people who need extra care or integration back into the community following a hospital stay, and is a part of the ongoing Tasmanian Mental Health Reform Program. The new development plan will enable the Peacock Centre to provide integrated and community-based mental health care, bringing together a range of care and services under one roof to support people with their recovery.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will provide comprehensive general mental health services for consumers presenting to the Acute Treatment Units and within the framework of recovery focused and trauma informed care.
- Provides clinical leadership of the multidisciplinary team undertaking the care and treatment of consumers of the Acute Treatment Units.
- Promote and maintain close links with community managed organisations providing services, other streams of Statewide Mental Health Services, general practitioners, other specialists and relevant service providers.
- Participation in teaching and supervision of psychiatric registrars and medical students and the in-service training of other staff as required.
- Active participation in mental health service ongoing quality improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Active participation in an after-hours on-call/call-back roster.
- Remuneration package up to $450,000 per annum.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent specialist Psychiatrist qualification.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.