Surprise yourself, Tasmania is more than meets the eye professionally, and in lifestyle.
- Achieve an enviable lifestyle and great career advantages
- Opportunity for an Academic position
- Flights to Melbourne are under 1 hour and relatively inexpensive
Located on the beautiful coast of Tasmania, this Health Service employs over 1,200 full time staff. A private hospital is co-located and facilitates private practice for many of the region's specialists.
Mental Health Services incorporate Inpatient Mental Health, Adult Community Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Older Persons Mental Health and Crisis and Assessment Treatment Team Mental Health Services.
Inpatient Mental Health is a 19-bed ward and a 3-bed High Care Unit. The Unit predominantly caters to adult clients but also supports clients from the Older Persons Mental Health and occasionally Adolescents. The Inpatient team also provides a Consult-Liaison service to the general wards and occasionally the emergency department within the hospital.
Adult Community Mental Health provides an Outpatient Consultancy service at two sites located 50 minutes apart.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) provide a busy Outpatient service and attend to assessments of CAMHS clients presented to the hospital's Emergency Department.
Older Persons Mental Health provides both an Outpatient and Hospital based service.
Crisis and Assessment Treatment Team Mental Health Services attend services at two sites located 50 minutes apart.
- This position is based in the Adult Community team and will provide specialist diagnosis, treatment and care for public patients.
- You will play a key role in developing health care at both patient and system levels.
- There are opportunities to participate in the delivery of the undergraduate education program with the on site Rural Clinical School.
- If you have academic interests, the Health Service has a close working relationship with the University of Tasmania and there may be an opportunity to be appointed to a University academic position.
- Participation in the on call roster including after hours and weekends, is a requirement of the position.
- An excellent remuneration package and temporary accommodation assistance is on offer.
- Here you will find an enviable lifestyle and great career advantages. You can have it all right on your doorstep - dramatic coastlines and world class beaches, rugged mountains, lakes, and heritage listed wilderness.
- In your spare time you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle, an amazing array of outdoor pursuits, a flourishing cafe culture and welcoming communities, all the services and facilities needed to create a safe and peaceful home for you and your family.
- Everything is in close proximity, making it possible to live in rural tranquility or by the beach, with only a short commute to work or the nearest city.
- The many lifestyle advantages include affordable housing and a high quality education system with close and open access for all to a range of schools, colleges and the University of Tasmania.
- Air travel to Melbourne is less than one hour and relatively inexpensive.
- The property market has significantly lower prices than found on mainland Australia, attracting considerable interest from families.
- Median property prices range from $279,000 for houses to $172,500 for units. Houses rent for $275 per week and units rent for $200 per week.
- Current Specialist or Limited registration or eligible for the same with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP), or equivalent.
- Driver's License.
- Experience with Inpatient Mental Health or Adult Community Mental Health Services will be highly regarded.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.