Join a leading service in regional health care, combining outstanding services with a strong education, training and personal development culture.
- Enjoy collegial relationships
- A role you will enjoy and be challenged by
- Australia's largest inland city awaits you, offering a great lifestyle
You will be working at a 700-bed hospital, which is one of the most sustainable and technically advanced regional hospitals in Australia. A wide range of general medical, surgical and speciality services are provided, including oncology, cardiology, renal, emergency, women's and children's, critical care, specialist clinics and mental health services.
The Mental Health service provides psychiatric care and treatment across a large catchment area in Victoria, that is underpinned by recovery orientated principles. A range of clinical services are provided to patients of all ages. The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service provides services to patients from birth to 17 years, the Youth Team covers ages 18 to 24 years, Adult Services cover patients from 25 to 64 years and the Older Persons Service manages individuals over 65 years.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist you will be principally responsible for the diagnostic assessment of, and treatment planning for, patients managed the Mental Health Service
- This is a full-time permanent position, 76 per fortnight
- The service provides a comprehensive, supportive environment which balances reasonable work responsibilities with support for professional development, and opportunities to lead service improvements and provide teaching to registrars and medical students
- You will enjoy collegial relationships with a great group of psychiatrists and a committed and enthusiastic cohort of psychiatry trainees
- Provide clinical supervision to the Medical Officer/Registrar(s) assigned to work with you and clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team in which you work
- Participate fully in the after hours, consultant on-call duty roster
- Within 90 minutes from Melbourne; easily accessible via road or rail and links to major airports
- Remuneration in line with the Medical Specialist Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
- Base salary $242,793.20 - $340,560.49 depending on experience
- Professional development opportunities, including audit and research
- Salary packaging
- This city offers the advantages of city life combined with the beauty and freedom that comes from living in a regional area
- Excellent education options and affordable housing both in rental and buyers markets
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- Current Driver's License
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.