Provide clinical leadership in the delivery of acute mental health care in this well-supported mental health service.
- Dynamic team environment
- Experience diverse patient presentations
- Attractive salary including salary packaging
This State-wide Mental Health Services is a leader and innovator for a unique corner of the healthcare industry. They provide a comprehensive suite of services across the areas of mental health, alcohol and drugs, forensic mental health and correctional primary health.
The Adult Community Mental Health Service operates a number of community teams around Tasmania including the Acute Care Team. The service is offered to people aged between 18 and 65 years who have a severe and complex mental health problem. The service provides assessment, treatment, support and education.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist - Acute Care Team, you will provide comprehensive general mental health services for the community-based mental health Acute Care Team delivering person centred, recovery orientated and trauma informed care
- You will provide clinical leadership in the delivery of acute mental health care to consumers of the Acute Care Stream Services within the Statewide Mental Health Service as part of a multidisciplinary team
- You will act as a Consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including General Practitioners and other agencies, with regard to the assessment and management of individuals who are experiencing acute mental health concerns
- Consultant Psychiatrist's will undertake supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate
- This is a permanent full-time position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages
- Indicative package up to $465,000 p.a
- Attractive on-call work and call-back allowances.
- Support for professional development
- A balance of engaging and challenging work for Consultant Psychiatrist's with vibrant arts and culture, wilderness experiences, pristine beaches and culinary delights
- This city combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.