Join this Health Service which is one of the most sustainable and technically advanced regional hospitals in Australia.
- Live 90 minutes drive from Melbourne - for weekend escapes
- Strong education, training and personal development culture
- Excellent preschool, primary and secondary education options
You will be working at a 700 bed hospital, which is one of the most sustainable and technically advanced regional hospitals in Australia. Bendigo Health combines outstanding clinical services with a strong education, training and personal development culture.
The Mental Health Service is a comprehensive service that provides psychiatric care and treatment across a large catchment area in Victoria, that is underpinned by recovery orientated principles. The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service provides services to patients from birth to 17 years, the Youth Team covers ages 18 to 24 years, Adult Services cover patients from 25 to 64 years and the Older Persons Service manages individuals over 65 years.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will provide high quality evidence based clinical care within the designated scope of practice.
- Opportunities to lead service improvements and provide teaching to registrars and medical students.
- You will enjoy collegial relationships with a great group of psychiatrists and a committed and enthusiastic cohort of psychiatry trainees.
- Participate in the consultant after hours, on-call roster.
- The service provides a comprehensive, well structured, supportive environment which balances reasonable work responsibilities with support for professional development.
- This is a full-time permanent position, working 76 hours per fortnight.
- Bendigo is a 90 minute drive from Melbourne; easily accessible via road or rail with links to major airports.
- 10 minute commute to work and free parking.
- Competitive remuneration package and leave benefits as per VIC Award.
- Professional development opportunities, including audit and research.
- Excellent preschool, primary and secondary education options available.
- Affordable housing both in rental and buyers markets.
- Experience a vibrant regional city jam-packed with creativity, great food and happy locals.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent.
- Current Driver's License.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.