Work in one of Australia's most stunning landscapes and use your skills to improve Aboriginal health and wellbeing.
- Remuneration from $483,021 - $574,165 p.a
- Strong focus on Aboriginal health and wellbeing
- A mix of urban, rural and remote practice
This is the largest country health system in Australia. You will be based at a 60 bed inpatient facility, with travel throughout the region. Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with 25 000 presentations per year to the Emergency Department. Facilities include operating theatres, consulting rooms for visiting specialists, a public dental surgery, refurbished maternity unit and an expanded emergency department which has more than doubled in size to 15 acute bays.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for the provision of specialist medical psychiatric services
- The position entails rural, remote and very remote practice with a strong focus on Aboriginal health and wellbeing, use of telehealth and travelling to visit consumers in their communities
- This is a fixed-term full time appointment until 30th June 2023, with the possibility of extension(s)
- Indicative package $483,021 - $574,165 p.a.
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages in line with the As per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- This region has stunning arid desert areas, gorges, sandy beaches, escarpments, rainforests, waterfalls, vast open plains, river valleys and cave systems
- Regular daily flights to/from Perth
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- You will have demonstrated highly developed clinical skills and experience working with people with complex conditions
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.