Community based psychiatry role in regional Western Australia.
- Remuneration up to $451,677 per annum
- Work in a newly upgraded hospital
- Just under 3 hours drive to metropolitan Perth
You will be working in a District Hospital and Health Service that has undergone a redevelopment, which was completed in November 2019. The upgrade included a state-of-the-art emergency department, separate ambulance entrance and dedicated triage area, redeveloped palliative care area, integrated medical-imaging suite, child health clinics, mental health and community health consult rooms, telehealth rooms and new consulting rooms for visiting specialists.
The upgrade and construction are part of a $1.5 billion infrastructure modernisation program being delivered by the WA Country Health Service (WACHS) to improve health services across regional Western Australia.
- As Consultant - Psychiatrist, you will provide clinical assessment and psychiatric treatment for adults and seniors based in the community
- Provide assessment, review, consultation and support in clinical matters, face to face and via video conferencing facilities
- Provide clinical leadership, advice, consultation, liaison and support to General practitioners, health care professionals, other providers and agencies
- You will be responsible for chairing clinical intake meetings and clinical review process
- Supervise registrars and medical students during placements
- Participate in the after-hours on-call service
- $354,487 - $451,677 p.a. pro rata (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and applicable allowances) as per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016
- The region has extensive education and health facilities and is enviably well-equipped with modern sporting facilities whilst offering affordable housing
- In just under 3 hours drive you can be in metropolitan Perth
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Applicants who have completed Specialist qualifications but are yet to be registered as a Specialist are encouraged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.