Be part of a team focused on improving the delivery of high-quality palliative care across a range of services.
- Immediate start available
- A choice of full or part-time hours with no weekend work
- Competitive remuneration package and great benefits
You will be working for a leading not-for-profit organisation that delivers community health and aged care services across Australia. The organisation has a 120 year history and is currently operational across Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
This Community Palliative Care Service is provided in partnership with the Local Health District. This specialist service supports people with a life-limiting illness or complex needs, so they can remain at home through a network of clinical and social care. Clinical care is provided through a team of registered nurses and palliative care doctors. Support services include social workers, an art therapist, and volunteers.
- As Consultant Palliative Care Physician, you will be providing clinical care for patients in a community palliative care service working with a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated and seamless care
- The role will have a key role in working to increase integration between GPs, the community palliative service and the LHD palliative care services
- The focus of this role will be on delivering high quality palliative care within people's home; building and strengthening peer-to-peer relationships within both primary and tertiary care and providing clinical leadership, support and education to grow palliative care knowledge and capacity of the service
- The position is Monday - Friday, 0.6-1.0 FTE available with no weekends or call back.
- On call is 1 in 4 and via phone only
- Indicative package $200,000 - $300,000 and in line with NSW award - negotiable depending on experience
- Salary packaging
- Leave loading
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Sydney is a world-class city, with a warm, sunny climate and a strong economy
- Here you have access to all the city amenities and a choice of world class suburbs to call home
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Physicians (RACP) or Royal Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FRAChMP) or equivalent
- Valid Australian driver's licence
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.