Live and work where the outback meets the ocean and enjoy an interesting case mix.
- Indicative package up to $400,131 - $502,214 p.a.
- Provide inpatient services and neonatal retrievals
- Modern, well equipped hospital
This health service serves one of the States leading tourist destinations, which has a resident population of 17,000 and expands to 55,000 during the tourist season. You will be based at a 60 bed inpatient facility and the largest hospital in this region.
Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with 25 000 presentations per year to the Emergency Department. Facilities include operating theatres, consulting rooms for visiting specialists, a public dental surgery, refurbished maternity unit and an expanded emergency department which has more than doubled in size to 15 acute bays.
- As Consultant Paediatrician, you will provide a high standard of general paediatric specialist services, including community, neonatal retrieval, outpatient, and inpatient services
- You will provide a visiting community focussed specialist paediatric service to other sites including remote communities and this will include outpatient and inpatient services
- You will be required to spend nights away from home on a regular basis and have the opportunity to treat a varied, challenging caseload
- In addition you will provide leadership, supervision and education to medical staff, nurses, medical students, Aboriginal Health Workers, allied health and other health professionals
- You will participate in the after hours, weekend, and public holiday on-call roster in association with the other Paediatricians and Paediatric Registrars
- Fixed-term full time appointment for 5 years, with the possibility of extension
- Indicative package up to $400,131 - $502,214 p.a
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- This region has stunning arid desert areas, gorges, sandy beaches, escarpments, rainforests, waterfalls, vast open plains, river valleys and cave systems
- Regular daily flights to/from Perth
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasia College of Physicians (Paediatrics and Child Health Division)
- Previous experience in remote area medicine or Indigenous health and the ability to operate as sole practitioner is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.