Join a regional team that provides Obstetric & Gynaecology services to a diverse and appreciative community.
- Desirable coastal location and cost of living
- Genuine opportunities for career acceleration
- Great prospects for establishing a sustainable private practice
This 180 bed major acute specialist hospital is located on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales and services a population of 100,000. In addition to a wide range of specialist services, the hospital has a 4 bed ICU and 6 bed Cardiac Care Unit, with an adjacent 6 bed High Dependency Unit. There is an Emergency Department that sees 25,000 presentations per year, and medical, surgical and children's wards. There is a co-located mental health unit and a community health unit. The hospital is a teaching hospital for the Joint Medical Program (JMP), based at the University of New England.
The birthing suite delivers 700 babies annually and there is a special care nursery. The outpatient clinic provides ANC, Gynaecology, high risk obstetric and colposcopy services. Surgical services include minimally invasive, open and laparoscopic surgery.
There is a nearby 81 bed private hospital that offers acute medical, surgical, rehabilitation and mental health, should you be interested in establishing a private practice in the area.
- You will join a team of two Staff Specialists, one Visiting Medical Officer, Rural Generalists plus there is JMO support.
- As a Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist you will provide O&G inpatient and outpatient services,as well as participate in the on-call roster.
- Located on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW with proximity to Port Macquarie in just under an hour's drive, Newcastle is also nearby and Sydney is only 3 hours away. The area boasts beautiful beaches and scenery, affordable housing, great schools and family friendly communities.
- Career acceleration with genuine opportunity for a leadership role, academic opportunity, research, QA/QI and patient safety.
- Great team of committed and supportive anaesthetic colleagues.
- Regional Express (REX) provides direct flights to and from Sydney and Newcastle.
- Good prospects for establishing a sustainable private practice.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) or equivalent.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.