Live and work in the beautiful NSW Outback for a better work life balance
- Make your mark on a busy O&G department
- Working in rural NSW has many personal and professional benefits
- Discover the financial benefits of working in regional healthcare
This health service covers 194,949 square kilometres in remote NSW. The District is sparsely populated, with 62% of its approximately 30,000 inhabitants living in the city. The remainder of the population live in agricultural towns throughout the District. It is the most sparsely populated LHD in NSW and has the highest proportion of Aboriginal residents.
The 100-bed rural teaching hospital services a wide area with a population of 25,000, and provides a range of acute, non-acute and outpatient services. It has an emergency department, general medical, surgical, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatric, mental health and sub-acute beds. Support services include Pathology, Medical Imaging (CT scan), as well as a wide range of Allied and Primary Health services.
- As Specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, you will join a committed team to provide quality obstetric and gynaecological services to a diverse and appreciative community
- You will supervise junior medical staff and empower them to achieve a vision of excellence in rural and remote health.
- Participate fully in the on call roster as required in accordance with clinical privileges
- Participate in teaching and training at all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate multidisciplinary education
- Attend, participate and support administrative meetings as required by the Head of Department or Director Clinical Services
- Visiting Medical Officer or Staff Specialist appointment considered
- Competitive remuneration package
- FIFO VMO package will include paid flights, accommodation and car
- Options for salary packaging
- Interesting and challenging work
- Live in a town surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes in the centre of the Far West New South Wales outback
- With a population just shy of 20,000, the town is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés
- Daily flights to major cities
- Specialist registration or eligible for specialist registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) and/or equivalent specialist recognition
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.