Secure your income for 2021 with this 12 month fixed-term contract
- Contract period to 30 September 2021
Surgical department well supported by junior medical staff
- Remuneration up to $529,000 per annum
You will be working for an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community, committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. The health service covers a population of approximately 116,000, across two major sites located approximately 50km apart.
The medical services across the region are based across two hospitals, a private hospital is co-located at one site that facilitates private practice for many of the region’s specialists.
The Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania is located on campus, and the health service participates in a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program with the Rural Clinical School.
Presently the department of General Surgery encompasses a team of three General Surgeons (well supported by juniors), who work across the region and provide general surgical services.
- You will work as part of the Department of Surgery across the North West region. Servicing a population of approximately 116,000, the Tasmanian Health Service – North West has major sites located approximately 50 kilometres apart.
- You will be a vital member of the Surgical team and will have the opportunity to treat a varied, challenging caseload. The Tasmanian Health Service – North West provides both acute and sub-acute services including a large outpatient service.
- You will participate in the after-hours on-call roster.
- You will provide leadership and mentoring to junior medical staff in the Surgical department.
- You will foster collegiate relationships across the hospital departments and will find a real sense of camaraderie here.
- If you are looking for somewhere to make a difference, improve clinical care and patient outcomes, then look no further.
- Remuneration package up to $529,000 including allowances and superannuation.
- Temporary accommodation and relocation assistance available.
- Dynamic team environment.
- Here you will find an enviable lifestyle and great career advantages. You can have it all right on your doorstep - dramatic coastlines and world class beaches, rugged mountains, lakes, and heritage listed wilderness.
- Everything is in close proximity, making it possible to live in rural tranquility or by the beach, with only a short commute to work or the nearest city.
- High quality education system with close and open access for all to a range of schools, colleges and the University of Tasmania.
- The North West Coast of Tasmania is a tourist mecca and is positioned with airports and sea transport, so it is very accessible to the rest of Tasmania and the Australian mainland. Air travel from Devonport to Melbourne is less than one hour and relatively inexpensive.
- Median property prices in Burnie range from $279,000 for houses to $172,500 for units. Houses rent for $275 per week and units rent for $200 per week.
- This position is ideal for a professional who seeks the opportunities, challenges and rewards that come from working within regional communities, whilst enjoying a lifestyle that is rated second to none.
Current Specialist or Limited registration with AHPRA.
Current driver's license.
- GESA accredited.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.