Enjoy the variety of urban, rural and remote practice travelling across this unique region.
- Remuneration from $483,021 - $574,165 p.a
- Diverse rural and remote health challenges
- Experience hospital, remote clinic & Aboriginal Health Service settings
This is the largest country health system in Australia. You will be based at a 60 bed inpatient facility, with travel throughout the region by road and aircraft. Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with 25 000 presentations per year to the Emergency Department. Facilities include operating theatres, consulting rooms for visiting specialists, a public dental surgery, refurbished maternity unit and an expanded emergency department which has more than doubled in size to 15 acute bays.
- As Consultant General Medicine Physician, you will be responsible for the provision of internal medicine services in clinics and on-call advice for multiple hospitals, remote community clinics and Aboriginal Health Services
- You will join a team of three long-term General Medical Consultants and a range of visiting subspecialty services
- This role requires working in a range of clinical settings with broad multi-disciplinary and interagency networks
- Consultant's will provide supervision of Advanced Trainees in General Medicine and Junior Medical Officers.
- Consultants also participate in the after-hours, weekend and public holiday on-call roster
- This is a fixed-term full time appointment for up to 5 years, with the possibility of extension(s)
- Indicative package $483,021 - $574,165 p.a.
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages in line with the As per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- This region has stunning arid desert areas, gorges, sandy beaches, escarpments, rainforests, waterfalls, vast open plains, river valleys and cave systems
- Regular daily flights to/from Perth
- Registered as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Physicians (RACP)
- You will have a broad scope of internal medicine clinical knowledge and experience
- Skills in cross-cultural practice are essential
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.