Provide your expertise in General Medicine and enjoy great workplace culture.
- Package up to $456,506 p.a.
- Challenging work, with a supportive team environment
- Country living with all the big city advantages
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year. This position will be based at the 305-bed main referral hospital. services offered at the hospital include Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Intensive Care and Anaesthetics.
The Department of Medicine has an allocation of 32 medical beds, 8 "48 hour" beds, 5 coronary care beds, 9 palliative care beds and outpatient clinics each week. Sub-speciality areas are currently Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care and Geriatric & Rehabilitation Services with Gastroenterology a new service. Within General Medicine there is specific expertise in Diabetes. The Department provides exposure to a broad range of medical conditions both common and uncommon.
- As Consultant General Medicine, you will provide appropriate evidenced-based clinical care d and participate actively in-patient flow and bed capacity management
- You will provide supervision of an inpatient treating team when necessary and your prime outpatient responsibility will be general medicine, Hot Clinics and Rapid Access Clinics
- The opportunity to specialise in an area or subspecialty interest will be considered
- Consultant General Medicine Physicians will engage in academic medicine, teaching, examination and relevant research in general medicine
- You will provide supervision and guidance to registrars and junior medical staff
- You will participate in the Consultant on-call roster
- Competitive remuneration package up to $456,506 p.a.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP), and a subspecialty
qualification is desirable
- Consideration may be given to overseas trained specialists with eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.