Join the team at a state-of-the-art hospital in a location that offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city.
- Indicative salary package up to $456,537 p.a.
- State-of-the-art hospital in a sunny coastal location
- Only 1.20 hours flight from Brisbane
This health service has eight hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and two additional community health services. It provides extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 180,000 people.
The redeveloped Base Hospital has 236 beds and is the first regional hospital in Queensland to have the complete integrated electronic medical record. The hospital provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology, oncology and cardiac and many other specialty areas.
- As Consultant General & Respiratory Medicine, you will be responsible for the provision of high quality clinical services as part of the Department of Medicine, education of Medical Staff and Students and participation in patient safety, audit, research and service planning activities
- You will will be part of a vibrant team comprising of physicians with different subspecialties working in close partnership with cardiologists and emergency medicine physicians
- You will lead a team and have your own bronchoscopy list and clinics, sharing the Respiratory Nurse with the other respiratory physician
- There are opportunities for tele-health and opportunity for Sleep study sessions and workplace compensation clinics in the nearby private sector as well
- This position is a split General Medicine and Respiratory Medicine, and you will be expected to participate in the general medical on call roster and cover general medical patients
- The position will change over time with the possibility of developing an inpatient respiratory team, and the hospital is looking for candidates with an interest in sleep medicine to develop this service
- Competitive remuneration package up to $456,537 p.a
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Live in a stunning coastal region in tropical Queensland with 270 sunny days a year, from 30 degrees in summer to 21 degrees in winter
- This city offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city
- Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship via the substantial comparability pathway of the Royal Australian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Respiratory or General Medicine or appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia to practise in the specialist position
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.