Opportunity for public and private practice for a Gastroenterologist with passion to improve healthcare.
- FRACP essential
- New Fellows encouraged to apply
- Laid back, affordable lifestyle
You will be working for an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community, committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. The health service covers a population of approximately 116,000, across two major sites located approximately 50km apart.
The medical services across the region are based across two hospitals, a private hospital is co-located at one site that facilitates private practice for many of the region's specialists.
The Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania is located on campus, and the health service participates in a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program with the Rural Clinical School.
- The position involves management of patients in General Gastroenterology, IBD, chronic liver disease, and both diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy
- Experience in capsule endoscopy would be highly regarded
- Gastroenterologists provide Gastroenterology and Hepatology services across both sites.
- The base hospital is predominantly outpatient and day surgery cases
- The two hospitals both have very busy emergency and general medical departments.
- There are anaesthetic services provided at both sites, a busy general surgical service is based at the one site, with predominantly day surgery cases at the second. There is also a eight bed ICU with onsite support services in pathology, imaging and pharmacy
- It is anticipated that the appointee will have significant involvement in the delivery of the Undergraduate education program
- Attractive remuneration package plus exceptional benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Private practice opportunities
- You will have the opportunity to be appointed to a University academic position
- Tasmania offers a brilliant lifestyle for families, with affordable housing, excellent access and choice of education located within strong and vibrant rural and urban centres
- Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Gastroenterology
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) essential
- New FRACPs encouraged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.