Excellent opportunity for a Forensic Psychiatrist looking to work in an exceptional health service in a metropolitan location.
- Highly competitive remuneration and excellent employment conditions
- Enjoy a vibrant lifestyle, brimming with culture and art, just a stone's throw from natural bushland
- 3 hours to Sydney and close proximity to ski fields or the coast
This metropolitan Health Service provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services to a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. The hospital provides care through a range of services that include trauma services and most major medical and surgical subspecialty services.
The Mental Health Service provides the following programs; Adult Acute Mental Health Services - 40-beds run by four teams, consisting of a Consultant, Registrar and Intern; Adult Community Mental Health Services; Rehabilitation and Specialty Mental Health Services; Forensic Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services; Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services; and Justice Health Services
The Forensic Mental Health Service provides mental health care across the lifespan and across a range of settings, including Forensic Community Outreach Service, Court Assessment and Liaison Service and Mental Health Services at two Youth Detention Centres.
- As Forensic Psychiatrist, you will provide direct clinical assessments of people at different stages in the legal process including acute triage assessments of people newly in custody
- You will liaise actively with inpatient and community mental health services
- You will conduct high quality mental health assessments of people engaged with the Law Courts and Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Conduct timely assessments and prepare brief, well-written and professional mental health reports within required timeframes
- Provide responsive and articulate clinical opinion and advice on general mental health presentations and concerns with regard for your responsibilities under the Privacy Act
- Contribute to policy development and actively contribute to planning and maintenance of clinical standards and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the FMHS team
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent salary packaging options
- The nation's capital offers world-class dining and cultural experiences
- 3 universities plus outstanding primary and secondary schooling
- 2 hour drive to the south coast of New South Wales
- Registered or eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- Forensic Psychiatrist experience and advanced certificate desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.